Saturday, July 28, 2018

Sunday morning non-plant life forms in the garden. I’m still reading Darwin’s 1881 pioneering (slim volume) work on earthworms but currently stuck on detailed observations of which way worms like to drag leaves down their burrows- petiole first or not ?🤔Still, now I’m watching worms more closely than ever and in any season they seem to love living under wet newspaper! As for fungi I’m colossally ignorant; reptiles I’m much better at although I’m still not sure whether this gecko is native or a cargo ship escapee; the worm certainly isn’t but can possibly claim convict heritage going back to 1788... #thingsinthegarden #earthworm #fungi #reptiles #gecko #kingdomsoflife #urbanecology #novelecosystem #firstfleeter #mildwinterday #nomorefrost #imcallingit


via People Plants Landscapes https://ift.tt/2OogjFf

No comments:

Post a Comment